Thursday, April 1, 2010

2 Kings 9:1 -29: Jehu's annointing and PEACE




This is a funny record of how Elisha summoned another prophet to annoint Jehu the commander. The prophet was seen to be a 'madman' in the eyes of the others in v11.

Add Image
But what was prophesied later came to pass with Jehu killing all the wicked people - Joram, Ahaziah and Jezebel.
Twice, Jehu was confronted with the question "Do you come in peace" "Have you come in peace?" in v 18 & 22.

But Jehu answered in V22 :" How can there be peace as long as all the idalatry and witchcraft of your mother Jezebel abound?"

Reflections:
Matt 10:34 " Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword"
Matt 10:33 " Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will discown him before my Father in heaven"

No comments:

Post a Comment

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...