Tuesday, October 5, 2010

20101004:Ps104:4 Winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants

I thought I found this verse in only Heb1:7. BUT TODAY, I REALISED IT WAS REPEATED IN PS104:4!
"He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants"Ps104:4
"He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire" -Heb1:7

Ps104 is a rather long psalm. 35 verses.
It begins and ends with "Praise the LORD, O my soul"
All throughout this psalm, it speaks of His greatness, splendor, majesty, His creative power in creation - the heavens, the earth and all that is in it..the sea creatures and all the animals and birds. How He looks after us all!
  • His Power in creation,
  • His Provision for his creation,
  • His Purpose in His creation - may the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works (Ps104:31)
As I reviewed this kite video, taken at the Marina Promontory last month Sep 2010, I couldn't help imagining as if the kites were 'angels' flying in the wind!
Have you ever try to start the BBQ fire? Many a times we need to fan the wind into the fire to enable the flame to fire up strongly.

Heb1:6"when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says" Let all God's angels worship him" ..v14"Are not angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?"

V23 then man goes out to his work to his labour until evening.
V29 when the LORD take away our breath, we die and return to dust
V30 when the LORD send His Spirit, they are created and He renews the face of the earth.

I thank God for his angels. They stir us up to continue to be the flaming fire servants.
Why? Simply so that our hearts will continue to burn for Him.
V33 I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing to the LORD as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him as I rejoice in the LORD"

Is the fire in your life dwindling ? Losing sight of your first love?
I pray that the Lord will send his angel right now with a gush of refreshing wind to stir up that dying fire.

Be renewed - Sing. Meditate. Praise - all my soul. Let this be our OBSESSION in life - that we will sing praise to Him as long as we live!


No comments:

Post a Comment

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...