Friday, November 9, 2012

20121025: Eventful Senai -KK Day !2Tim2:2 Grace Mercy Peace

2 Tim 2:2 " To Timothy, my dearly beloved son; Grace, Mercy and peace, from God the Father and Christ , Jesus our Lord"

Have you ever felt that problems or hitches were mounting and accumulating all around you and you wondered what was happening?

Take heart that God extends a special measure of Grace, Mercy and Peace to us who feel like they are being swamped from all angles of life especially in a day!

My father-in-law was admitted to hospital on 20/10/2012 with acute myocardial infarct ( Heart attack!).  Kind of very untimely as we were about to go for a company cum family trip with 20 others to Kota Kinabalu over the Hari Raya holiday weekend.  

It was kind of a wait and see days following of decision making for us whether we should actually cancel that trip.  In the end, for the interest of being around with him, we decided to forgo that trip.  Nevertheless. we decided to send off the team on 25/10/12 by driving in to Senai airport.  It ended up with the most eventful day of my life.......

Firstly, for years of entering into JB, I had never experienced an "unstamped" passport entry into Malaysia.  That day was my first. Flipping frantically in search of that little round or triangle stamp, I was oblivious to the customs officer who knocked at my window! By the time I handled the passport to request my sister in law to find it for me, the car was already almost at Pasir Gudang! In the end, we had to make a big U-turn back to re-stamp.  Not only that, that day John had to get out of the car to have his licence/ passport re-registered at the customs check!....Needed Grace !

Secondly, Airasia AK5464 flight was supposed to take off at about 9:30 pm...but it never did! Why? Of all the days and mother of days, KK Airport was shut down from 6:30 evening that fateful day till past midnite owing to a technical glitch at the airport! So all the 20 people were stranded together with thousands of others trying to either fly over or out. So the group has to re-scheduled all the holiday trip! What an experience for all of them! I had a good shock when we received the sms at about past ten that evening when we were still at the hospital visiting my FIL.   To me it was kind of an affirmation from Him that we did the right by not going for the vacation - well at least the cancellation of the flight and KK airport woes were something really unexpected!....Needed Peace!

Lastly, a week ago, we got a lovely surprise from the snail mail. A I opened the letter from Traffic Police, I received an extra reduction in my wallet of S$130 with 4 demerit points! Why? For an alleged speeding at 94km/hour along Ayer Rajah towards Tuas on the fateful day of 25th October! (en route to Senai airport).  What baffled me was that in my mind that stretch of expressway was a max 90km/hour and not 80kim/hour? So, I have written in to appeal for exceeding it by "a little bit" in my eyes.....Needed Mercy!

Reflection
In the midst of an unsettled week of last minute changes and arrangements, as well as a heart-thumping weak for the family over my FIL critical condition in the ICU- all is well. As I blogged this on the 23rd day after the hospital admission, he is recuperating fairly well from the by pass done just 3 days back.

The experience of increased measure of Grace, Mercy and Peace was overwhelming! Thanks to my Lord Jesus Christ who is able to provide this in times when needed! He is good and forever faithful.

Story of Mdm Grace and Mr Mercy ...sequel to follow.......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...