Tuesday, November 15, 2016

20161113-Rejoice with me; for I have found my.....Luke15

Luke 15:6 & 9 "Rejoice with me; for I have found ...which was lost"

Have you ever lost anything ? Panicked? Freaked out ? And then rejoicing when it was found?

Guess it happened to me last sunday 13/11/2016. The day where we wanted to be home early as my classmate was getting baptised that sunday morning. And we couldn't be late as we had to pick up 3 more people on route to church.  Unusually, my father in law had overslept that morning and so we decided to go to the market without him.

That was the beginning of woes!

  1. "Lost" our newspaper! (Never happened to us before when we place our papers at the hawker centre table while we get our food!)
  2. "Lost" - the bunch of keys (John thot it was lost but I had forgotten to inform him as he was away from the table chatting with an old man and I was happily chatting with the another old man who was partially blind and selling tissue papers. I left the table to do the marketing after informing John)
  3. "Lost" my mobile phone! (it was at the beef noodle store that I realised that my mobile was not with me when I wanted to contact John! Frantic,I threw my shopping bags to the store lady without taking my change due to the rush and shock!) 


But thanked God!
Met John and told him keys were with me.  And he told me he found the papers with the cleaning lady!  When we were at the car, we couldn't find the phone! At first ring, there was no sound coming from the car:(....my heart was so down.  In my head, I was already thinking how to call the telco to cancel the sim card....however, somehow, we decided to use John's phone to try a second attempt.  Wow! This time, that ring from the base of the seat brought great rejoicing! Oh my! 

Reflections
Reading the parable of the Lost sheep, coin and son in Luke 15:-
Now I truly understood what it means to "REJOICE" !
If things weren't LOST, we won't appreciate what it means to FIND or FOUND
If things weren't LOST, we won't know what is sadness and what is joy.

And perhaps, I think I might have passed His test.  Not to fret about the lost phone.
But yes, thousands of things went through this little head of mine : What to do to report  LOST PHONE? The lost of tremendous phone data of contacts?...the list went on for that few seconds at the car.  Few seconds seemed minutes long to me.

But thank God! It was only for a few moments.  What made us try a second time when we could have walked away saddened was kind of spirit led to "try again".  And it was such a cry of relief to hear that ringing tone!

And guess what? When we arrived home, we found my dad in law sulking. For we left him behind behiund to do the marketing ourselves this fateful week! Our thoughts of allowing him to sleep a longer time was not appreciated.  For that, we ran off asap cos we had to catch the baptism!

Perhaps the events that sunday morning was really from the devil! Blame blame!
Afterall, who would have thot that the papers would disappear , keys and phone? LOL.  And having worked up late till 9:30am , my dad in law still insisted on going to the wet market! Oh my.  So he did - but not driven by us though as we were off to church!

Whatever, so glad to REJOICE after all that was thot to be "LOST"...an adventure
And , yes, I am glad I was once LOST but now am FOUND by Him who loves me so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...