Monday, August 31, 2020

20200826- Memories of Png Kueh! Mom Memories!

26/8/2020 THE DAY OF MY PNG kUEH mAKING!
 





It was so nice of my friend's mum to do this demonstration of this 'lost' teochew png kueh making!

Aunty Lim came and used her rice and tapioca flour manual recipe to show me the dough making.  Due to siome miscommunication, she did 1/2 of glutinous rice and so did I!  Well, in view of the huge amount of fillings, we decided to use another pack of soon kueh ready mix flour for the second batch.  All in in , we made about slightly over 80 pieces!

I bought 2 smaller sized plastic moulds, each costing $1-30.

At the end of the afternoon, the verdict was out - for dummies like me, guess the ready mix flour is good enough next time! The steaming was fast too! 5-6 min and I think my little steamer pot suffice, though I borrowed a big steamer from my brother just for this demo!

Reflection
It was a great afternoon of memories for me.

Bringing back fond memories of my time with late mom, making this teochew png kueh back in my younger days.

Gosh! Those good old days! Mom and us! Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...