Friday, June 28, 2024

20240627- Jurassic Pet Shop : about tbe “Dash “ and “S”an






 

Visited an interesting exotic pet shop at Tun Aminah this morning. Went to buy the UV light for replacement for the pond. And I was so captivated by those “pets”

Imagine a squirrel costing more than rm1000-2000+? I had to reframe looking at those scuffling ones at the LH hedges now with a diff $ perspective! ( “Free” range squirrels! Not caged too)

Not only that ….. snakes! Tortoises!Oh my! Ranging from hundreds to thousands too in RM. Such a shocking revelation of their value !

And then I saw the staff shredding the carrots and washing them and steaming them to feed those furry animals! ( I asked why go thru such a process? Thinking that we used to feed them raw!)

So it was a big eye opener this morning.  Enjoy the “pets”! 

Coincidentally, the pet shop’s name is Jurassic.  I thot I was the dinosaur today and feeling quite a different “species”. 😂


************

Reflections:

After seeing those exotic snakes , was reading Matt 10:16 today. 

Why did Jesus commanded us to be sent out like sheep among wolves? And be as “shrewd as SNAKES and as innocent as doves?”

Being born as a Chinese, we learnt our birth years with the animals zodiac which was to me a great “invention” of all times!

And so , yes, my birthyear zodiac happened to be a SNAKE!

Many frown at this creature. Nothing seemed good and positive. First , it was this fellow that tempted Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. Secondly, the mention of this made most think of negative - crafty. Sneaky. Baddie. Even some made racial jokes at this. 

So I am glad that Jesus gave a positive peak at snakes! 

He wants us to be “Shrewd” as snakes! yeah!!!!yeah!!

Thank God!!

**********

Video here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...