Monday, April 7, 2014

20140407_"Sakura" in Singapura , JB & Kedah?

Photo taken 7/4/2014: Skudai, JB By SG
Malaysia Sakura?
Along the JB road
This photo in pink - taken in Kedah!!!

This evening received the above pictures taken by fellow colleague in Skudai JB. I was reminded of reading this morning's article in the papers that there were many "Flower Droppings" all over red dot too!

As I was at the lift lobby, my neighbour was in her jogging suit and told me about the flowers around our estate! I was so excited and rushed to the balcony! Lo and behold I saw this similar crown of glory in white and pink! So pretty! Sakura in Singapore too!
Decided to go down to take a walk to have a closer look....the ground was really beautifully carpet-filled with all the trumpet flowers! Singapore "Sakura"!!!!!

Alas, as I bent down to pick them up, many were frailed, shapeless, trampled upon...kind of reminded me of this verse by King David ...:(
Ps103:15-16"As for man, his days are as grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes.  For the wind passes over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more."


Reflections
Well , for the last more than one month, red dot had been struck with a dry spell. We had no rain. The air was stale, There is no wind and everyday seemed like a sauna here ....geeez...and to make matters worse, the haze was uprising....

Then just two days back on 5th April sat, God sent the RAIN!!!! It was super heavy too and my friend Eric captured the following photos below!




Such comforting words accompanying those beautiful leaves in different shades of green with all the little crystal balls of RAIN shimmering upon them! Wow!

And for that afternoon downpour alone, I think I collected at least 1cm in my new veggie tub! Not bad for recycling..better than using Newater. LOL.


Trumpet Trees! 
Came to know this evening the names of those trees below the apartment ! They are called tabebula rosea. Such trees apparently grow up to 18-25m tall and the name is derived from its large trumpet-shaped flowers, which range in colour from pink to white!  It is no wonder that we experience Malaysia and S'pore SAKURA! Because this tree is known for its impressive flowering display where the entire tree is spectacularly covered in blossoms.  And this usually takes place in April and August, USUALLY after a dry spell!

No wonder!

Application ?
Are you undergoing a dry spell in your life?
Take Heart! After such dry spells, the trees will bloom in arrays of pink and white!
There is a time and season for everything under the sun.

For the Lord God Elohim is the Creator of all.
I failed to see the spectacular display of sakura blooms which were right under my nose (Feet too) for more than 20 years in residence here.  But today - I see the trumpet  flowers. I 'smelt' the 'roses" pink and white.  (Just to clarify - i was trying to smell under the tree and also the flowers - actually they are kind of "fragrant free"...lol...for those who might be allergic perhaps to certain fragrance...like some of our 'fragrant free" shampoos, body soaps....ha ha ha...God remembers such people I think?

Enjoy the rain and 'sakuras'....they came and they will be gone in days...however, just like this trumpet tree and flowers - its awesome display in splendor today is merely one of the 10,000 reasons as in Psalm103, we will always remember to Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name!...


No comments:

Post a Comment

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...