Tuesday, January 12, 2016

20160111_2 Sam 9 Kindness in Crutches - David and Mephibosheth

2 Sam 9 :1 David asked "Is there anyone still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show kindness for Jonathon's sake?...Is there no one still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show God's kindness?...There is still a son of Jonathon; he is crippled in both feet....Mephibosheth!"

Kindness in Crutches


My recent first 4 days walking with crutches in the public , leg in cast was an eye-opener.  I found that Kindness - one of the 9 fruit of the spirit existed in little Red Dot.  I did not realise the power behind the cast and crutch that led to doors being opened by others, pathways were parted for me to walk first and the interesting words that came out of people's mouths "Take your time!"

Even right now in my mini Stomp Trooper Airboot without the crutches, there is still so much kindness shown by the public.

Kindness is alive .

God's Character & Convenant Kindness

As I reflected today, my Day 15 of my fall, I am thankful that I am recovering pretty well, having read some of the horror stories of others who shared the same crack foot in the internet.  Amazingly, my bone mass density report was good despite my menopausal age.  Thanks to my tennis and sports which had attributed to the fairly good strong bones in my body.

I am reminded of YHWH's convenant Kindness towards the David Dynasty in 2 Sam 9.  Mephibosheth was the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul.  He was crippled in both legs.  (my crippling experience has gave me some recent fresh interest in this disability in the bible! LOL)

This story recorded in David's reign and act of kindness towards Mephibosheth is that great reminder of one of the Lord's character.  He never changes.

And with that may we be reminded in Rom 2:4 "or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realising that God's kindness leads you towards repentance?"

God's Amazing Grace ! My "crutch' is gone and I am set free! PTL!

I was off the crutches on Day5 after I received my Stomp Trooper Airboots.  At that price of S$338, yes, I was glad to pay in exchange of the pain of the crutches and more flexibility in mobility.  More importantly, the ability to wash my poor foot. And I have been gingerly able to walk on both bare feet now in less than 2 weeks. 

Healing of bones indeed take time.  Guess that is how the Creator God designed them to be.  It is amazing to see how strong our bones are to support this big body of ours.  Learning about the Metatarsal bones and remembering Mephibosheth!

So here is my flute playing at the tennis court last Sunday.  I am grounded from tennis for at least 3 months! But I could still do some upper body exercises :) So this is dedicated to all my beloved loved ones and friends who prayed and stood by when I fell.....




2 comments:

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...