Thursday, June 8, 2017

20170608 : 1 THESS 4: 16-17 What is meant by caught up together in the clouds?


1 Thess 4:16-17 " For the Lord shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first; Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall ever be with the Lord"

When I was a new young believer, I was very fascinated with the Rapture.  This word was never found in the bible. But many pointed to this verse in Thess.  And as I began to read more in the bible, new terms from books like pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation or post-tribulation fascinated me even more!  

Then I got confused.  Sometimes fearful to read about how save is safe?  Frightened to read and imagine about the verse where I knocked the door and Jesus opened saying " Go away from me , I know you not" Yaks. So I hate the idea of being persecuted, tortured to deny Christ.  So I always preferred to be "Caught up" fast fast (if I am not dead when He comes a second time)

Now almost coming to 30 years of knowing Jesus Christ - I will only say the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.  It is ok to fear the Lord.  it is ok to still have fascinations and wonder to those verses whom even great theologians or preachers may not have the full answer.  

Happen to read 1 Thess 4 - the whole chapter.  At first was only mediating on the study to be quiet and MYOB part.  Cos I need to fast from some noisy stuff like texting and sorts.
Then came to the reading of this fascinating part on being caught up together in the clouds!
LIKE THIS! Caught UP !
1. For the Lord shall descend from heaven

  •  with a shout, 
  • with the voice of the archangel
  • and with the trump of God; [wonder what is this trump of God means???- trumpet sound made by God?


  1. 2. and the dead in Christ shall rise first; 


3. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds,

 4. to meet the Lord in the air, 

5.and so we shall ever be with the Lord"

What an order of ascension!
So got such thing as "rapture" or not? Heh heh heh!
But whether or not got to suffer tribulations? I dunno too.  But I want to believe that not one of my hairs will perish even if hated by everyone because of His name! (Luke 21:18) Scary world we are living in now....Bombing in London Bridge....In Manchester, terrorism in Phillipines...

MARANATHA LORD JESUS! THERE IS A HIGHER THRONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

20141003 Eze38:23 Mui’s second composition! “That you will know He is God”

Christmas comes a bit too early? No no. Decided to compose a song from Eze 38:23 & Ps46:1.  Simply because the ME is very hot now with t...