Tuesday, November 27, 2018

20181116-Joy of Dressing my First Christmas Tree!


JOY ! JOY! JOY! ...of dressing up my first very own 1.8m Christmas tree!
What a nice reflection of my tree!


Can you imagine that I only got to "own' a big 1.8m christmas tree at past 50 years of age? LOL. First of all, we don't have a big place at home to house such a tall tree.  So I had always been dreaming of dolling up my own tree all these years:) after admiring those beautiful ones at shopping malls. Anyway, some Christians are hostile to such practices - pagan. As for me, I just love pine trees and the imaginary cold snowy season (cos red dot is always hot but I love cold) and simply those pretty blinking lights and star above!

Well, this 2018, I have my very own $99 tree that came with all the accessories! Yeah!

I chose a "gold" theme! What a joy putting up all the stuff together with my sisters!




Reflection

I love the last month of the year.
To me, it is the winding down and reflective time of the season.
I remember the star that led the wise men to Jesus who was born in a manger.
I remember the birth of my Saviour on earth.
I remember the tree of life back in the Garden of Eden. So much for a Christmas tree to reflect upon.

And to rejoice after dressing this tree on 16/11/18 as we celebrated with the reading of His Word together the next morning.  So thankful, that my sisters could join us in this morning devotion of Psalms and Proverbs!


John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Amen!

P/S:Christmas trees begin to gain popularity as part of the British holiday tradition (1836-1841)  A long-established hallmark of Christmas festivities in Germany (since 1600s), Prince Albert - Queen Victoria's German husband- has a Christmas tree set up in Windsor Castle in 1841.


No comments:

Post a Comment

20240703 Durian Party @ Beverly!

 ************************ The night of old and new friendships forged.  Old of more than 50 years! New of a first meet by one! Savorinf  the...