Saturday, January 1, 2011

20110101: Jer 6:16 CROSSOVER : Stand-Look -Ask -Walk-Find



Jeremiah 6:16 "This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

Today is the beginning of a new year 2011.
Crossovers are interesting. Who actually set that date and time in the first place when we wake up to a brand new day each day? God willing - we sleep and we wake up - still breathing each second. Our heart beats and our lungs inflate and deflate. Alive.

Beginning with this verse above.

My mediation thoughts for this 'brand new day' :
All the words are action verbs.
Stand - Look - Ask - Walk - Find

Passive ?
Stand . Pause . The Lord is around us all the time.
Is65:1: “I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’

Active?
Yet. He wants us to seek him out?
Is 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.
Amos 5:4 "Seek me and live"

Kind of paradox.

Promise of those actions :-
Is65:10 "Sharon will become a pasture for flocks, and the Valley of Achor a resting place for herds, for my people who seek me"

Would we take time to stand, look, ask, walk and find what the Lord has prepared for us in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

20141003 Eze38:23 Mui’s second composition! “That you will know He is God”

Christmas comes a bit too early? No no. Decided to compose a song from Eze 38:23 & Ps46:1.  Simply because the ME is very hot now with t...