Wednesday, September 14, 2022

20220914- In loving memory of Michelle


21/3/2021 A little surprise for Michelle upon hearing on her chemo restart! Get Well home made Muichellin bouquet!

Today, 14th Sep 2022, I received a rude shocking news. Early in the morning at about 8:30m, I was told that Michelle was called HOME to be with the Lord. 

And yes. I broke down in tears 

Why?
1. 7 days ago…..
We were joking about the long time to grow a pineapple! Because John and I visited a pineapple farm at Pekan Nanas last Wednesday and hence M chatted about her own home grown one by her hubby F. She showed me her harvest which took them to fruit after 3 years!


2.  14 days ago….
Michelle happily set up a group chat with another friend LH - Booking in advance on 24/11/22 for a staycation 3D2N with us in our Jb home. 

Michelle jokingly wanted to tour JB and asked me to be the guide. And bunk in at our “mansion”

Unfortunately, this staycation will never come 

Instead , She will be my guide in the heavenly place instead.  She had gone ahead of me in time. 

I cried. Upon hearing her passing this morning 

Looking back memories…..



Background Info
Actually Michelle was my ex colleague in my bank UMBC (now RHB) way back in 1990s. LH and her came in together as officers about the same time. So as you now can sense, buddies in bank, buddies for life. But I left the bank quite shortly after they joined. But we remained in touch .( So Michelle and LH were supposed to come for this Nov 2022 JB staycation. )

Colleagues. Friendships. 

Years passed us by. 

It was around 2019 or so that I came into knowledge that Michelle was unwell. 

My heart back then was also saddened. We both were National babes born in the year of 1965. 
However , despite the “bad” news, there was also the “ Good” news. 
After the meal that night at Holland Village, Michelle told me she had become a Christian! I was exhilarated.  And she showed me a little video of her testimony. 

Guess the Lord is always so funny. 
In that video , I saw “familiar “ faces! Her cell leaders happened to be the classmate of my hubby John! What a small world right?

So this morning , it was John who broke the news to me. His classmate texted. My first reaction was denial. 
“Oh no. Not my Michelle”. But yes , it turned out to be her. 

I cried. 

********************************
Further memories back as I now started my reflection journey with Michelle over the last 3 years. Ever since her illness started. 

The journey of chats ….

I dunno how Michelle could be so alert. She had Sharp Eyes! Like a cat!
One nite in Nov 2020, she sent me this message!
2020 was a year of Covid lockdown 
Many of us in hibernation at home
Zoom became a NORM. 
Michelle attended the same ZOOM conference by Don Moen!
And I just wonder how she could SPOT me! In the list of chats! Gosh! She spotted my coffee comment. Right on! 

We had a hearty laugh after that 

Perhaps , back at UMBC, we had all been trained to be sharp , meticulous in our credit analysis! Lol. 




Michelle and her Biking

As cancer survivors, I being a caregiver to my own hubby - we encourage each other to ExERCISE!

Covid in 2020 made many of us great cyclists !

We cannot gather in groups of more than 5?

Only masks are not mandatory for cyclists?

So I got a Hito in august 2020  My new toy began my series of biking journeys  

Michelle kind of got excited as well! So one day she texted and later she got herself one and peddled along! We shared our biking trails ! Lol



Michelle and her walking trails and picnic!

For those who cannot bike, the next best was WALK!

Except for the difference - MASK on!

So in 2s or less than 5, many of us started walking around Red dot   Thanks to COVID!

I remembered sharing the beautiful new gardens at Gallop botanic which was newly opened 

 Michelle caught on  and one day she sent me this beautiful photo of her picnic in front of the sprawling grounds with the black and white colonial house at the back drop  

It was a beautiful photo  

“Hey, I have never thot of a picnic like what Michelle did! And what a healthy meal of cheese Cheong fun and hard boiled eggs with juices she had!”



Michelle shared some of the very unique sunrises she captured. We had some great exchanges of the nature that we both embraced and love. 

Final Goodbye
I know that Michelle had to go for further round of new chemo recently in July ? Cos the earlier treatment regime did not work. 

I never sense any negative or painful comments on our 1-1 chat. So I know she is a real good soldier   Fighting on.  The Lord’s grace upon her. 

Her recent excitement forming the JB trip chat only on 30/8/22 for the coming nov was to be a sense of joy and excitement. Never did I anticipate such a breaking news this morning !

A bit surreal. 

Only barely 2 weeks of this group set up. 

And I was also looking forward to showing them JB. 

I cried. 

As I am journaling this now at night, I am now better composed. 

Yes. Will miss Michelle. Our little exchanges of similar likes and interests. 

But I know she is now released of pain and suffering. 
She had gone ahead of many of us who are still left behind on earth 

Michelle had her passport and visa approved. She had “migrated” over.  

I had mine too done   Just that the travelling over had not yet been decided by my Lord Jesus Christ at point of writing. 

I am not sure when I will join Michelle. Cos only my Saviour knows when to call me Back Home. 

To those who know Michelle. Wouldn’t you like to join her in the date future?

We don’t even need to pay $70 to make this passport. 
This Passport to Heaven is free and yet not free. 
It cost the life of Jesus on the cross. 
We are sinners. 
If we confess that and acknowledge that He came to die for our sins , believe that He died and rose again, confess this in our mouth and Heart ( no need to pay any $70), we can be sure that we will meet Michelle again. 

Michelle came to know Jesus not too long ago. 
Because she believed that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. John 14:6
So whoever who believe in him should not perish but have eternal life (john 3:15)
This is the eternal life that Michelle had now. 
Gone temporary physically
But will meet again eternally - to those who know Michelle’s Saviour Jesus Christ too. 

Shalom 








No comments:

Post a Comment

20141003 Eze38:23 Mui’s second composition! “That you will know He is God”

Christmas comes a bit too early? No no. Decided to compose a song from Eze 38:23 & Ps46:1.  Simply because the ME is very hot now with t...