Friday, March 29, 2024

20240329 - Ezekiel Watchman & Great Wall Watchtowers!






Woo Hoo! Here I am standing on one of ancient Great  walls built by the MIng dynasty around the 14th to 17th Century! A glimpse of their watchtowers!

Do you know ?
  • Ezekiel lived around 623BC - 570 BC and the Great Wall was first build around 221BC during the Qin dynasty? But the bulk of the current Great Wall that remained standing was built during the MIng dynasty in the 14th -17th century?
  • The current MIng Great Wall is about 8,800 KM and has over 25,000 watchtowers?
  • The purpose of such watchtowers was to prevent invasions from the nomadic tribes to the central plain of China?
  • The solders used “wolf shit or dung” to burn the “wolf fire” on the beacon tower to make a smoke signal to alert the troops the tnt enemy was coming and the battle was about to start? (Only wolf dung and not any other animal dung! Other dung fires diffused but only wolf dung signals could go straight up? Lol)

Background Info:-
Today is Good Friday. 
And I was mulling over some thots over Grace. Hyper Grace. The teachings of a particular pulpit preacher from a rather influential church in Red Dot.

Muisings. I love to muse. 

MYOB. Mind your own business Accounting software. ( cos I am an accountant trained by profession?!)

Corporate church and the ecclesiastical meaning of “church” and the so called “members” of the church - personal vs corporate level?

This morning I happened to restart a new book in my QT. The book of Ezekiel. 

Watchman and Watchtowers came to my mind. Perhaps I am reminded of my recent trip to Beijing.  In awe
Of the majestic Great Wall and its “watchtowers”

Interestingly , Ezekiel in chapter wrote about watchman and warnings twice! Not once but twice!
  • Eze 3:16-19
  • Eze 33:7-9
“Ez3: 16 At the end of seven days the word of the Lord came to me: 17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for[a]their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.”

Reflections
  • What is a watchman?
  • Who can be a watchman ?
  • When should one MYOB and when should one sound the alarm?
  • Why is the responsibility of a watchman so highly accountable? ( sounds so scary in those verses?!)
Do I want to be a watchdog? 
DOG. Spelt backwards? GOD
Nah! I don’t like to be a watch dog. 
I rather let God watch over us! Lol!
He is Omnipresent, Omnipotent. Omniscient. 

I love to muse. Not to complain about something. Just a concern not to be misinterpreted as complaint? Neither would it be construed as a warning. ? Who am I but a little child of God in His kingdom of that Grace. To save me , a sinner after all. 

Good Friday musings. Glad that My Lord came to die for my sins. To save me!

**************
Hey! Look at this little baby sunbird in the nest! It was watched so carefully by the parents. From afar at the palm trees! Indeed. He is forever watching over us! We are much more precious than this little sunbird! Yeah!


 Another 2 more nests at the car porch area!
They love to come to build their nests under the shelters! Lol! Same place. Same time of the year! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

20141003 Eze38:23 Mui’s second composition! “That you will know He is God”

Christmas comes a bit too early? No no. Decided to compose a song from Eze 38:23 & Ps46:1.  Simply because the ME is very hot now with t...